The organizing team at the Skating Club of Boston has released the competition schedule! There are few things you need to know about next steps for finalizing your travel plans and scheduling singles/duets/trios practice ice, so please read on!
You can see the schedule on EntryEeze for a list of all the events and practice ice slots. To see a schedule with skater/team names, login to your EntryEeze account for the competition and click the “View full schedule” icon at the top of the page.
See the main events schedule at the bottom of this page for an overview, and see the team Slack channel for the list of all EP skater events we created.
- All ensemble performances are on SATURDAY, August 5th between 12:55 and 5:00 pm.
- Adaptive events and the main Parade of Champions events are on Saturday
- Ensemble practice ice will be sometime between 4:20 and 8:40 on Friday, August 4. Please do not schedule singles practice ice during that time!
- Our Team Dinner will be on Thursday, August 3 at 7:30 – 9:30 pm.
- We will schedule off-ice rehearsals once practice ice has been selected, so keep an eye on the team Slack for updates.
- Singles and duets/trios events for EP skaters are on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. See the full schedule for details.
Scheduling Practice Ice
You will select your singles practice ice on Thursday, July 6th at 10:00 am Mountain time. To do so, logon to your singles account (or Teams for duets/trios) at that time. Your options are already listed on the main page. They’ll become active at 10am on the 6th.
These are things we ask you to please keep in mind when selecting practice ice times. We suggest you look at the EP Events Schedule to identify when coaches are not at another skater’s event and look over the schedule on EntryEeze to find good possible times for your singles practice ice. Do this well before the select opens on Thursday so you’re prepared to click quickly! (We suggest picking a few times and backups if they fill up before your click.)
Be sure to logon to EntryEeze with your account as SOON as the clock turns to select your practice ice on Thursday at 10 am – slots go FAST!
- Do not schedule practice ice on Thursday between 4:20 and 8:40 pm – that is when ensemble practice ice will be held.
- Keep in mind coaches must be present at your practice ice – please do not select a slot when another EP skater has an event.
- Please do not schedule practice ice on Thursday, August 3rd after 7:30 pm – that’s our Team Dinner, and we want everyone to attend!
See the team Slack Channel for the document we created with the list of all EP skater events.
The competition is spread out over more days than in previous years, but you can reduce your total stay a little bit if you wish. Below are our suggestions for saving some money and making your stay a little shorter.
- All EP skaters must be in Norwood from 3:00 pm Wednesday, August 2 through 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 5th. This means you can fly out on Sunday any time if you wish.
- If you’re in an interpretive or duet/trio and want to participate in the Parade of Champs for those events, you’ll need to stay through Sunday early afternoon.
Note that the town where the competition is being held, Norwood, is a small, suburban town. It’s about a 35 minute drive from the city of Boston, and about 15 minutes from the team hotel. You won’t be driving in city traffic! But you also won’t be in an area with many walkable areas outside the downtown area.
The town itself is much like Fort Collins, and is a good place to walk around, but that downtown area is a short drive from the rink, and not accessible by walking. But it does have a great ice cream shop and some cute little restaurants!
Our hotel is to the north east of Norwood, quite close to a mall if there are things that you need while traveling.
EP Main Events Schedule
Below are the main events for EP skaters. Singles and duets/trios events for EP skaters are on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. See the full schedule for details. Off-ice rehearsals for the ensembles will be scheduled once practice ice has been selected.
|Wednesday, August 2: EP Off-ice rehearsal sometime between 3:00 and 9:00 (time TBD)|
|Thursday, August 3: 7:30 – 9:30 pm, EP Team Dinner|
|Friday, August 4: 4:20 – 10:40 pm, Ensemble Practice Ice (time TBD)|
|Saturday, August 5|
|11:50 – 12:55 pm||Parade of Adult Champions|
|12:55 – 1:30 pm||Mini Production Silver (Revolting Children)|
|1:50 – 2:00 pm||Adaptive – Lyrical Pop|
|2:00 – 2:05 pm||Parade of Adult Duet / Trio Champions|
|2:05 – 2:50 pm||Mini Production Gold (Muses, Hook)|
|3:10 – 3:15 pm||Adaptive – Lyrical Pop|
|3:15 – 3:35 pm||Adaptive – Character Performance|
|3:35 – 5:00 pm||Production Ensembles (Seussical)|
|5:20 – 5:25 pm||Adaptive Partners|
|5:25 – 6:00 pm||Founders Parade of Champions|
|6:00 – 6:50 pm||Parade of Junior Champions|
|7:10 – 8:00 pm||Parade of Champions|
|8:00 – 8:30 pm||On Ice Awards|
|Sunday, August 6th|
|9:20 – 10:15 am||Open Inflatable|
|10:15 – 11:05 am||Parade of Interpretive Champions|
|11:05 – 11:35 am||Parade of Duet / Trio Champions|
|11:35 – 12:05 pm||On Ice Awards|