EPIC rink is closed starting May 19, and it re-opens on June 20th. It’s probably feeling a bit strange for us all! This post has some information about skating at the Greeley Ice Haus and other rinks in the area for this month.
To get to Greeley, we have set up a carpool – please sign up as a driver or passenger!
You do not need to sign up or pay for anything for the EPIC Productions rehearsals. We will do off-ice between rehearsals on Tuesdays. Rehearsals are:
- Tuesday, May 31 – 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.; ALSO 9:45 – 10:45 a.m. on ice (off-ice between)
- Wednesday, June 1 – 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (Large only)
- Tuesday, June 7 – 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.; ALSO 9:45 – 10:45 on ice (off-ice between)
- Wednesday, June 8 – 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (Large only)
- Tuesday, June 14 – 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.; ALSO 9:45 – 10:45 on ice (off-ice between)
- Wednesday, June 15 – 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (Large only)
Greeley Rink Information and Parking
900 8th Ave, Greeley, CO
- Carla Villavicencio the figure skating coordinator at the Greeley Ice Haus.
- Parking is two-hour street parking on the main streets surrounding the rink. Parking is checked frequently and they are generous with citations.
- This means you must go move your car after two hours or you will get a ticket!
- There is a free all day parking lot just to the east of the rink next to the rail road tracks. See the downtown parking map for more.
- Commute route construction / road closure zones for May/June 2022
Free Skate at Greeley
If you are planning to skate separately on contract ice in Greeley, you should sign up ahead of time. The Ice Haus does “pre sign up” for all the freestyle sessions (not for Skate Café or public sessions).
- Sessions are 45 minutes long and cost $7
- Call ahead to make sure you get “on” the freestyle session(s) you want: 970-336-4259 (they do not have an online sign up).
- See their calendar for session times.
FROM NORTH FORT COLLINS – The easiest route is Eastbound HWY 14 (Mulberry) to Southbound HWY 85 (at the main Ault intersection)
FROM SOUTH FORT COLLINS – The easiest route is Eastbound I-34 to Northbound HWY 85 (“Main” 8th Ave.). Alternative is HWY 392 (Carpenter Rd.), but you’ll have to detour a small bit to avoid the construction road closure section by WCR 13 in Windsor), or use Crossroads Blvd. Eastbound and follow the country roads East towards Greeley.
Skating at Other Area rinks
Westminster – Ice Centre at the Promenade
Several skaters are going regularly to the Ice Centre at the Promenade in Westminster, about 45 min from EPIC. To skate there, you should sign up online for sessions according to your freeskate test level. Below are details:
- Sessions are 45 minutes for about $15 – sign up here to select a session for your test level.
- Click the blue button “Register for Figure Skating Sessions” to select and pay ahead for sessions. (Note that you can also pay at the front desk when you arrive.)
- See the June 6 – 10th freestyle session schedule (PDF)
- See the June 11 – August 5th freestyle session schedule (PDF)
- See the summer 2022 rink offerings and classes (PDF)
Some skaters are carpooling to Westminster – use Slack to offer or find a ride!
Littleton – Edge Ice Arena
The Edge Ice Arena is in Littleton, about 1 hr & 15 min (with minimal traffic) away. This is where Edges & Dreams Skate Shop is located, too, so this time might be good for sharpening, blade adjustments, re-heat molding skates, etc. Or just pick up a fresh pair of skate socks!
- See their session schedule
- Sign up for freeskate sessions
- See the June 2022 summer freestyle (above Basic 4) classes – on and off ice classes and free skate sessions