We wanted to update you with our current adjustments due to the Coronavirus. There’s a list of local rinks that are closed and open at the bottom, too (not comprehensive).
First, EPIC rink is closed from March 16 – 27th.
Also, Fort Collins Classic has been canceled. That means we will not be competing the EP ensembles this spring. We hope to find an alternative local competition later in the season (such as the Front Range Invitational in Greeley in June) where we can have our “practice run” before the August national competition.
We will not change scheduled practices at this time. The next practice for EP is March 28th, and thereafter we follow the Spring Spectacular rehearsal schedule. We will let you know if any of this changes.
The competition cancellation affects our budget, and we will make the needed adjustments to charges and/or refunds in July or August. If we do not find another competition to replace Classic, we will either reduce fees in July and August, and/or we will refund your portion of registration and coaching costs. As you may know, our budget did not include charges for April EP practices because they are part of Spring Spectacular rehearsals.
The following rinks have been closed completely:
- EPIC (FoCo) through March 27
- Greeley Ice Haus (Greeley) through March 30
- Promenade (Westminster) through March 28
- Edge Ice Arena (Littleton) through March 29
- Apex (Arvada) through April 5
- South Suburban Ice Arena (Centennial) through March 27
As of today, these rinks are open for Freeskate sessions:
- Monument Ice Rinks (Monument)
- Broadmoor (Colorado Springs) – unconfirmed, please call first
- Laramie Ice & Event Center (Laramie, WY) – unconfirmed, please call first
- Big Bear Ice Arena (Denver)
Also, for those who go to Littleton for skate sharpening, Edges & Dreams is still providing sharpening services out of their trailer and plan to come up to Fort Collins with their trailer to provide sharpening next Saturday, March 28th. To schedule an appointment email email@example.com or use their online scheduler.
Stay hydrated, rested, and warm!