It’s almost here! And the big week will be big! This post has some of the basics that you need.
First, be sure to look through the document Fort Collins Figure Skating Club has sent out with all the logistical details. It’s terrific! Download the club competition guide for all the details. Don’t forget to check Slack for the most recent Master Schedule (v5) and download for your reference.
We will announce where EPIC Productions will be set up at the rink for off ice and hair/make-up in the next few days. We’re aiming for outside if the weather isn’t too hot. Check Slack regularly for details.
This post has info on:
- Rink layout for competition
- Tickets & Access
- Events & Practice Ice
- Competitor Party
Tickets & Access
- Skaters and coaches get a badge that provides all-event access
- Guests must purchase tickets (wristband) at the door.
- All-event: Adult $50. Child (3 – 11 yrs) $40.
- One-day: Adult $20. Child (3 – 11 yrs) $15.
- Chaperones are ONLY those with SafeSport AND Background check completed through USFS (required for locker room access when accompanied with another certified adult)
- Team Manager has access to backstage
- Prop teams (4 people max) can access prop area ONLY Saturday, Aug 7th
We are NOT permitted to store props/scenery overnight, so our ensemble props will be built outside on the south side of EPIC by Team B.
- We bring props IN through the Green Rink to the zamboni doors
- Props are removed OUT the Blue Rink zamboni doors
- Prop teams (4 people max,, “Team B”) can access prop area ONLY Saturday, Aug 7th
Events & Practice Ice
You must check in if you’re doing any individual/duet/trio events. Check into the competition as early as possible on Monday or Tuesday as an individual skater (and get your goodie bag!).
The Team Manager will check in the ensembles, so you do not need to do anything for those (just your singles/duets/trios).
- Event check-in 30 minutes before EVERY scheduled ice time (practice ice and event)
- Locker room use will be limited, so change at home when possible.
- Solos & duets/trios/teams allowed in 30 min before event
- Props allowed ONLY for spotlight practice and event – No props for regular Practice Ice
Skaters, parents, and guests are invited to the competitor party 5:30 – 8:30 on Thursday, August 5th outside EPIC rink.
You’ll be able to purchase food at food trucks.
There will be games, tables, chairs, and music!